Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Iceland Diaries # 0 - SIM Selection


The selection committee of the Association of Icelandic Visual Artists (SÍM) is pleased to inform you that they have accepted your application and offers you to stay in the Artists' Apartment in Seljavegur in Reykjavík for 1 month, July 2008.
I was accepted into the SIM Artist In Residence program for the summer month of July. The organization invites artists from all around the world to participate in Reykjavik. My stay will overlap artists from Ireland, Finland, Israel, Germany, and the United States. Participating artists have been asked to document their experiences on the program's blog: simresidency.blogspot.com/ This will be my first time at an artist residency and I'm excited to have this experience in Reykjavik.

My application consisted of a official form, a proposal, a statement of intent, a portfolio, and a CV. The following is the statement of intent I sent with my application.

STATEMENT OF INTENT 
My goal for the residency is to bring animation, video installation, and performance into the public eye. Using my animation and film/video background, I will transform ordinary spaces into amazing illusions for public enrichment. I’m a strong believer that public art improves the community around it and inspires young artists to find their own artistic voice. The SIM residency program will be perfect for introducing my unique visual style right into the heart of Reykjavik.

1 comment:

Sölvinn said...

Sweet!

Congrats