Classic Tapioca Pudding Recipe
* 1/3 Cup of Tapioca Pearls
* 3/4 cup of Water
* 2 1/4 cups of Whole Milk
* 1/4 tsp. Salt
* 2 Eggs, separated
* 1/4 cup of Agave
* 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
Overnight preparations: Soak pearls in a glass jar to leave overnight. Once they've been re-hydrated, drain as much water as possible from the jar. Remove them from the jar and place them in a saucepan.
Short-term preparations: Pre-soak pearls for 30 minutes in a roomy saucepan.
1. Add the hydrated tapioca into a medium saucepan.
2. Separate the egg into two separate bowls: eggs yolks in one and egg white in another.
3. Lightly beat the egg yolk with the milk and salt. Mix the salty, milky yellow mixture in with the tapioca.
4. Bring the mixture to slight boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Stir often.
5. In the second egg bowl, beat the egg whites with agave syrup.
6. After the mixture has simmered for the full fifteen minutes, slowly mix the egg whites into the simmering tapioca. Stir for 5 minutes or until the pearls turn completely translucent. Then cool.