Sunday, June 24, 2012

日常写真 Daily Life in Japan /// Day 33 - Sensoji (浅草寺)

 











Loch Ness Monster and I ventured Asakusa temple Sunday afternoon to see one of the iconic image of Japan. At the temple gates of Sensoji, looms a giant red lantern.

As Nessy writes in his blog entry, we waded through the sea of visitors to the very front of the shrine. We each paid 100 yen to pull a fortune.  Nessy received the fortune called, 'the best fortune'. It professed fame and happiness! Mother fucker -I received a the so-so fortune which warned me from giving birth, looking for work, and starting new relationships!
(Image courtesy of  Loch Ness Monster)
I wonder if you have drawn a fortune from a Shinto shrine? Let me know what it was in the comments below!

4 comments:

Rurousha said...

You went to the little local temple in my backyard! ;)

PS: Don't forget Yanaka! ^^

♦♦♦ ◊◊◊ ⋅⋅⋅ said...

Ahh!! Rurousha, that's so cool! You live near such a beautiful place~

Ru-chan said...

These photos are amazing, I feel like I'm there myself!

♦♦♦ ◊◊◊ ⋅⋅⋅ said...

Hi Ru-Ru, I am so happy you enjoy the photographs! I feel lucky to be living in such a photogenic country!